Saturday 26 June 2010

Visiting a Townmate and Other New Places


There was this email circulating once in the internet said to be
authored by the Dalai Lama encouraging readers to visit at least
one unknown place once a year. I did that last week but only
after I met up with a townmate whom I have not seen in years.
I discovered Linda M., my townmate through FB but her phone
number was given to me by her brother when I was visiting the
home country last year. How funny that we live in the same state
but really have not met in all the years that we are both residing
in Alemanya. We have to renew contact, exchange more stories
and keep in touch. Some of those perks in keeping an account
with such social networking: sharing funny incidents in the
past, in the village where we both spent our childhood,
recalling names of people and events, and exchanging some
heartaches and frustrations about the situation back home.
Could we imagine settling there for good? I think we both have
the same thing in mind just like other migrant women.
In the meantime, we will follow what the Dalai Lama is sending
through the internet...go somewhere where you've never been
to before...at least once a year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It feels like such a long time since the last time I saw you. I know it's only been a few days since I saw you. Forty years has a very long time and with that span of time there are lots of changes in our lives, we are not getting any younger but still we recognized each other thru this facebook technology which paved a way by keeping people in touch of not seeing for quite a decade and we are one of those. I am so glad that you had a great time with us, talking about the various life shaking experiences of those times. The never ending chikahan and the laughter that we had shared makes me feel like being at home, those were the happy moments that will leave on us forever. It is indeed a pleasure to catch up with old buddies!!!