Sunday 29 May 2011

Roses Outside Our Windows


Beetrose - Sweet Dream

English Old Rose

Rumba

Summer Song
"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of
us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose
garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are
blooming outside our windows today."
D. Carnegie

My first purchased rose for this summer is named Rumba, followed
by another pot of Gertrude Jekyll English old rose. Inspired by
the blooming roses in my neighborhood, I got this time a climbing
rose with dark orange color. The card says roses would later smell
deliciously of chrysanthemums, banana and tea. When the dear neighbor
drove me to a garden center where I saw more collections of roses
in all colors and scents, I took another pot of beetrose with
the name, Sweet Dream. I'm thinking of going back to the garden
center and get the pinkish Leonardo da Vinci.
The magical rose garden is not over the horizon...it's just
outside my windows. Hope the magic will last long.

No comments: