Sunday 1 June 2008

June

Here comes June, named after the Roman goddess Juno,
wife of Jupiter and the equivalent to the Greek goddess
Hera (source wikipedia.org).
June is the traditional month for opening
classes in the Philippines.
June means month of marriage and other tags below:
June Bride
June 12 - Philippine Independence Day
June 24 - Foundation Day of Manila? (it was existing
years before the Spaniards colonized it.)
June 24 - St. John the Baptist, araw ng basaan sa San Juan
piyesta sa bayan ni Rizal sa Calamba, Laguna
Let me share this poem about June

In Fountain Court
by Arthur Symons

The fountain murmuring of sleep,
A drowsy tune;
The flickering green of leaves that keep
The light of June;
Peace, through a slumbering afternoon,
The peace of June.

A waiting ghost, in the blue sky,
The white curved moon;
June, hushed and breathless, waits, and I
Wait too, with June;
Come, through the lingering afternoon,
Soon, love, come soon.

Source: www.poemhunter.com


**********************************************************
The first email I got for this month is from Pinky who comes
from New York. Would like to share with you this
forward...to start the month of June.

JUNE is "REBUILD your LIFE" Month

I Wanted To Change The World
Unknown monk

When I was a young man,
I wanted to change the world.

I found it was difficult to change the world,
so I tried to change my nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation,
I began to focus on my town.

I couldn't change the town.

As an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man,
I realize the only thing
I can change is myself.

And suddenly I realize that,
if long ago I had changed myself,
I could have made an impact on my family.

My family and I could have made an impact on our town.

Our impact could have changed the nation
and I could indeed have changed the world.



BE THE CHANGE
YOU WANT TO SEE
IN THE WORLD.


--- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (1869-1948) ---

No comments: