Sunday 4 February 2007

Personal Tips for Heilfasten or Fasting


I am sharing this fasting tips based on my personal fasting experience which I have been
doing since a decade now. Once or twice a year, normally in February, yes after those Christmas indulgences and jeans won't fit any longer, I plan a five-day Heilfasten which I normally extend up to seven days depending on my mood and invitations to birthday parties.

For beginners, I suggest that you do Heilfasten
when you are not so loaded with heavy work, on weekends or when you really decide to
slow down your socializing life a bit and enjoy some few days of meditative mood, walks, reading, sorting out papers and pure leisure time alone with yourself while your body experiences internal cleansing.

In any day of fasting, you will need:
  • 1 to 2 cups of herbal tea for Breakfast
  • Water in between meals (at least 2 liters per day)
  • 1/4 liter of fruit juice mixed with water for lunch
  • 1 to 2 cups of herbal tea (tasted with honey if you wish)
  • 1/4 liter of vegetable broth
For my vegetable broth, I normally prepare soup consisting of
potatoes, carrots, leeks, celery roots and leaves and cook it for
about 20 minutes. I sift about a bowlful of soup pressing the
solid vegetables and spice it with sea salt, bio- instant vegetable
broth and garnish it with finely chopped parsley.

For the fruit juice portion for dinner or lunch, I use juicer for my
cocktails of mangoes, pineapples, carrots, apples or buy bottled pure
juices from bio-shops.

Personal Note.

2nd Fasting Day: Weight: 59,500 kg.
3rd Fasting Day: Weight: 58,800

I felt a bit weak early this morning and did not have a good sleep.
Dreams were colorful but really chaotic. Was dreaming of these two
boxes "save as draft" and "publish".
Mouth was tasting sticky and tongue getting "chalky".
Did not apply any cream nor use deodorant and body lotion.

More updates later.

1 comment:

Pinay von Alemanya said...

This comment comes from Elda.

"Thanks for sharing your blogs, it is very interesting."